Your privacy is important to us, which is why we will never release your personal details to any company outside of Akbar International for their mailing or marketing purposes, although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below.
We treat all of your personal information as confidential and keep it on a secure server. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. Akbar International is committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
Using this website and what information we collect
You do not have to provide any information to us to browse this website. However, certain sections of the site or facilities within the site may not be accessible if you choose not to share essential information with us.
Personal Information We Collect from You
You provide us with personal information about yourself when you:
- Register or log in to your account
- When you fill out our contact form on this website we will ask you to submit – and will collect – personal information from you, including: your name, email address, country, zip code, telephone number.
- For shipping your purchase, we collect name, email, telephone/mobile number, shipping address complete with country and zip code, billing address complete with country and zip code
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect information about your internet connection and website use, e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website (User Information). We may collect this information from registered and unregistered users.
We use this information to help us make improvements to our website and online services.
- Device, Usage Information, and Transactional Data. We collect personal information about how you use our Services and the computers or other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets, you use to access our Services. Some examples include:
- IP address
- Precise geolocation information that you allow our apps to access (usually from your mobile device)
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information.
When We may use your personal details
Any personal information you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we identify you, we use your information for the following purposes only:
- To provide you with the best possible service, we’d like to keep you up-to-date with a range of products and services provided by Akbar International. This may include news of special events, promotions, product launches and catalogues via emails, SMS, post and telephone.
- For shipping purposes and to collect payments.
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and the services we offer by creating and reviewing data about our users and how they use our Services.
- To administer this website.
- To occasionally contact you for research purposes by post, telephone, SMS text messaging and / or email.
- Prevent, investigate and respond to: fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behaviour.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Meet legal retention periods.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a transaction).
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (so where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is fraudulent, unfeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
Your Right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent by unsubscribing from our emails or simply emailing us at [email protected] to request removal from our database.
To change how Google Analytics collects and uses your personal information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Where We rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data, such as when processing your order for shipment.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Check Your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity by seeking a confirmation by email or seek other identification information, including government-issued identification, before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Third-party providers and their services
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within Akbar International and to reputable third-parties who will help process your request. For example, when you make an online purchase from Akbar International, we must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment.
Akbar International cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
Akbar International may also disclose your data when appropriate, for example, to execute Terms and Conditions, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or if we are asked to provide the data in connection with an investigation by the police or any other regulatory or Government authority investigating suspected or actual illegal activity.
How we may process minor’s personal data
Our websites and products are intended for all ages. However, we do not knowingly collect or ask for personal information from minors (people under ages of 18). If you are a minor, please use our Services or send us your personal information with explicit parental consent via email with proof that they are your legal parent/guardian. If we accidentally collect a minor’s personal data without verified prior consent from the minor’s parents, we will attempt to delete the data as soon as possible.
Updates to this policy
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us on [email protected]
Or write to us at Akbar International, 289, Fatehabad Road, Agra 282 001, Uttar Pradesh, India.